Global Streetwear Fashion | Music | Lifestyle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Streetwear Fashion | Music | Lifestyle Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Dominate Google Results

3 posters

Did you find this post informative/helpful?

How to Dominate Google Results Vote_lcap50%How to Dominate Google Results Vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
How to Dominate Google Results Vote_lcap0%How to Dominate Google Results Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How to Dominate Google Results Vote_lcap50%How to Dominate Google Results Vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
How to Dominate Google Results Vote_lcap0%How to Dominate Google Results Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to Dominate Google Results Empty How to Dominate Google Results Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:37 am

GiveMeAndy

GiveMeAndy
The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

Branding is extremely important, and after reading Allurre's thread on how to drive traffic to your blog, I decided to write up a quick guide on how I brand myself using nothing more than sheer will.

The most important thing to realize with dominating Google is that content matters. If you're writing about stuff that people don't search for, you won't get the people that want your stuff.

This means that the first rule of good branding is:

Always use good grammar and spelling.

For instance, if I want you to find me through Google when you type in "Little Fishies," not only would I use that phrase consistently throughout my site design, I'd also do it in a way that flowed with the content.

So maybe a paragraph in my site would go like this:
"Some of my passions include rapping and production, and something interesting about me is as a kid I was compared to the little fishies that swim in the classroom fishtanks."

However, if I wrote instead:
"sum ov mah passionz inlud rappin an producin an sumthin interestin bout meh iz az a kid i wuz compared 2 da lil fishes dat swim in da clazzrum fsihtankzzs."

Not only would Google not index it because "Little Fishies" appears nowhere in that paragraph, but anyone that visited my site would immediately leave.

Making Content RELEVANT:
Some sites cheat by saying things on their site like "people who search for lil fishies, fish, fishies, little fishies, and little keywords will end up at my site."
When you do this, it may work in getting people to your site, but they'll ultimately leave because your site looks cluttered and unprofessional. Learn to integrate keywords into your writing.

For me, I do magic, dancing, acting, modeling, hypnosis, and music, so it's important I cover everything at one point or another when I'm blogging, or writing forum posts.

Dominating Through the Social Networks:
Sites like MySpace, Facebook, and Socialurl pay for their own optimization, so take advantage of it! These sites get millions of hits a day, so all you have to do is create an account and keep it up to date! Admittedly, sites like MySpace often have so many hits that your result gets lost in the google mix, but there's hope-- there are countless other social networking sites you've never heard of.
Thanks to the Web 2.0 movement, these sites are well-designed, well-kept, and usually more fun to go on, and have a great intelligent user base. Search for them and make accounts on them. Keep a consistent handle for what you want to brand. Some sites include Twitter, Plurk, Jaiku, Rejaw, Tumblir, etc.

And if you keep updating everything on a regular basis, wanna see the results in about 2 weeks? Go ahead, go to www.Google.com and type in GiveMeAndy.

Networking for Dominance:
You might get automated friend requests from Bands on MySpace a lot. This is a damn shame. Most of the bands that will blatantly promote their agenda and automatically add you with no purpose other than to increase their friend count by 1 generally don't succeed. They're too superficial. You gotta remember, this is social NETWORKING. You need to NETWORK.

So when you talk to people and add them, REALLY TALK TO THEM. I can't stress this enough. It doesn't have to be long, but every time you do this, your numbers get stronger and you deliver more hits to your own profile through reciprocating links.

It's stuff like this that makes people say "Give Me Andy!"

See how I integrated search engine keywords there? Now when someone types "Give Me Andy!" into Google, eventually they'll find me. ^_^)

And finally...

MY SECRET WEAPON for dominating Google results... the one thing that makes it all a thousand times easier in only ONE step.

I use this everyday to keep myself at the top of the Google game. I've gotten to the top of the results for "GiveMeAndy" with ten solid pages with this one technique.

I'd like to make this interesting so if you've read thus far and want to learn how to brand yourself as well as I have so far, please do me a favor:

ADD me at www.myspace.com/GiveMeAndy
MESSAGE me with a note saying you'd like to know what my secret branding weapon is.

And I'll tell you... all I ask in return is that you support and spread my music, and rock my banner on your profile too if you are so inclined (that definitely scores brownie points with me).

I'd also love it if you added me first, and then rather than message me, send me an IM. It's GiveMeAndy.

Eventually, the whole world's gonna be saying "GIVE ME ANDY!!" Very Happy

Oh, and don't forget to vote on the poll as well.

Love,
aNDy

http://GiveMeAndy.com

2How to Dominate Google Results Empty Re: How to Dominate Google Results Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Allurre

Allurre
The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

Damn Andy. You're one talented individual bro. Mad respect, again, glad to have you as part of our community.

You were on point about "content matters". It's all about weaving the magic keywords seamlessly into your content!

http://www.allurrewang.com

3How to Dominate Google Results Empty Re: How to Dominate Google Results Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 pm

rachelbabyy

rachelbabyy
LUXLIVIN Moderator
LUXLIVIN Moderator

You should write a book on this ahahah

"Marketing for Dummies"

http://www.twitter.com/rachel_rawr

4How to Dominate Google Results Empty Re: How to Dominate Google Results Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:17 am

GiveMeAndy

GiveMeAndy
The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

Isn't there already a long ass book out with that title floating around somewhere? o_O;;

5How to Dominate Google Results Empty Re: How to Dominate Google Results Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:20 am

GiveMeAndy

GiveMeAndy
The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

Oh... will the person who voted "Meh" up there step up and tell me what was wrong with my article? I'd like my writing to be helpful, so do tell so I can improve.

6How to Dominate Google Results Empty Re: How to Dominate Google Results Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:58 pm

rachelbabyy

rachelbabyy
LUXLIVIN Moderator
LUXLIVIN Moderator

I admit it. It was me.

Your article is very well written and extremely informative.

I just didn't understand it silent haha

I was asking too many questions as I read it, so I started to confuse myself.

http://www.twitter.com/rachel_rawr

7How to Dominate Google Results Empty Re: How to Dominate Google Results Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:24 am

GiveMeAndy

GiveMeAndy
The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

Well, any questions you have I can probably answer. Shoot away. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum