Global Streetwear Fashion | Music | Lifestyle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Streetwear Fashion | Music | Lifestyle Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martin Jol resigns as manager of Ajax

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lunamoonfang

The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

The former Tottenham boss has left the Amsterdam club after a 1-1 draw with NEC Nijmegen on Saturday that saw them slip to fourth in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Ajax travel to AC Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday but cannot qualify from the group stage.

Jol, 54, was coach of Tottenham from 2004 until 2007 before he was replaced by Spaniard Juande Ramos.

After spending the 2008-09 season with Hamburg, Jol joined Ajax and guided them to second in the league last season, won the Dutch Cup and qualified for the Champions League.

babycykel
merchant advance

anticenss

Clever Go Getter
Clever Go Getter

Newcastle took the shock decision to axe Chris Hughton on Monday afternoon, citing a desire to bring in a manager with greater experience. Peter Beardsley has been placed in temporary charge while the club seek out a successor and a host of names including Martin O'Neill and Alan Pardew have been linked with the role.

Jol was prominent in a number of bookmakers' lists for the position and he would now appear free to discuss his future with any club after tendering his resignation at the Amsterdam ArenA.

Ajax announced on their website that former Holland defender Frank de Boer would take temporary charge until the winter break, while Jol claimed the criticism the club have got for their stuttering form has caused unrest in the squad.

The former Hamburg and Tottenham boss told the club's official website: ''With pain in my heart I say goodbye to this wonderful club.'We started something last summer that I would have finished. But I have come to realise that the expectations after last season were too high.

=======

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum