Global Streetwear Fashion | Music | Lifestyle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Streetwear Fashion | Music | Lifestyle Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doing What You Do Best

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Doing What You Do Best Empty Doing What You Do Best Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:30 pm

rachelbabyy

rachelbabyy
LUXLIVIN Moderator
LUXLIVIN Moderator

I have spent the past fifteen years of my life (yes, I am young!) wondering about what my "thing" was. For example, some kids grow up with basketball, baseball, and soccer moms who bake cupcakes for the team. Others grow up training in ballet, cheerleading,or gymnastics. I never had one of those "things". I was a girl scout whose troop failed numerous times because there were only five girls at the meetings.

I got tired of all the BS the troop leaders put us through, so I started dancing hula and Tahitian, and soon realized that that was my "thing". It was something I actually enjoyed. Soon, my family started praising me for what little talent I posessed.

However, I wasn't one of those dancers who was at the studio twelve hours a day, five days a week. I was there one or two hours a week. It made me jealous that I was never asked to teach class when our instructor was out sick. All of this rage kind of boiled inside of me.

Now that I think about it, I am extremely glad that I wasn't one of the dancers who was on call 24/7. They were all overly criticized, and honestly, some of them were not that nice.

So even though you may not be the person who gets special treatment, or the person that everyone knows and thinks is cool, you are still better than them in a different way. There are always the pros and cons of both sides.

With that said, live for what you enjoy and enjoy life.

http://www.twitter.com/rachel_rawr

2Doing What You Do Best Empty Re: Doing What You Do Best Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:12 pm

Allurre

Allurre
The Wise Mind
The Wise Mind

I still wanna see some vid of you dancing!

I'm glad you found your thing =) and I'm sure there are tons more talent lying inside you, waiting to be discovered.

http://www.allurrewang.com

3Doing What You Do Best Empty Re: Doing What You Do Best Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 am

funnyman

Clever Go Getter
Clever Go Getter

I love your perspective on life! It is a far too common misconception that in order to be successful in life you have to work some humdrum job that you hate. This couldn't be farther from the truth. If you want to be truly happy, pursue what you love, because that's who you really are. Everything else is just a lie, and will not lead to happiness.
Chrysalis School Montana

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum